Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Smangin' Follow-up

Hey everyone, thanks again for tuning in and giving me so much support along the way. I've been back a couple months but probably no more than two days goes by before I think of some scene or glorious memory of some stage of the adventure. I'm working on getting a few more pictures and videos together to summarize the trip. Check out my Smangin' USA Playlist on YouTube for some of the videos! I'll add more later when I'm able to edit them but there are some here that give you a different experience of the trip than just reading the posts.

And a quick life update:
I still have the damn Corolla! I drove it 4604 miles down the East Coast, South, Southwest, and Pacific Coast and now I can't sell it. It has no plates, doesn't pass CA smog requirements, and I'll probably sell it to a Pick n' Pull scrapyard next week.
Steph and I moved in together with our lease starting October 1st in San Francisco. We have a great place and I've been spending much of my stationary unemployment cleaning and unpacking, and now it's home.
I'm still unemployed but I've been interviewing and things are looking good for starting up again soon. It's been mostly nice but now I'd like to start adding to my savings account rather than withdrawing. Also, now that I'm done moving I'll be getting a little stir-crazy at home so it's time to get working!

Tomorrow is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I'm planning my first significant ride since I said farewell to Babe on 8/11. I'll be riding from SF to home in Forestville which should be about 80 miles. If you caught one of the very first blog posts here, I rode home for Thanksgiving last year for my first trial run and stayed out two nights so I'm excited to come full circle and do it again. This year's change will be that I'm going to do the ride in one day, sunrise to sunset, rather than stretch it into some nights. I haven't gone on a long ride in awhile so we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully you all have a marvelous holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment