Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 2: Mother's Day, Goodbyes, Lake Mendocino

Woke up today at Spring Lake and rode with Nat and Steph to Healdsburg to meet our families for Mother's Day. Everyone makes such delicious food! It was great to see everyone again and get to say goodbye to family in a more intimate setting. Saying bye to Steph was especially hard, we spend so much wonderful time together it's going to be quite a change. Then I whooped the crap out of the Alexander Valley and made it up to Ukiah. Finishing a long day if riding with a couple beers and some grub is the life! Mendocino Brewing Co moved their Ale House here last year so it was great to be able to get a classic Red Tail and Black Hawk Stout. I also met a lovely couple from Redding that gave me some great spots to see in the next few days. I finished the ride and got a lake front campsite on Lake Mendocino, and I immediately jumped in the water. My ride today was 78.92 miles, 25 miles longer than I've ever ridden in one stretch. For non-cyclists you're probably flabbergasted that that's possible in one day while carrying 100 lbs. For avid cyclists you're probably saying "78 miles is the longest you've ever ridden?  Weaksauce." Well it is and I'm proud of doing it so whatever. Time to rest this weary body.

1 comment:

  1. Avid cyclists are saying, "I've never ridden a bike while carrying 100 lbs."

    Nice job dude!

    ReplyDelete