Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Funemployment!

It's now Tuesday, four days after my last day of work! It turned out to be a great day, there was a long awaited BBQ cook-off that happened to coincide with my last day so everyone was in great spirits and the workplace smelled of BBQ from 7am until we devoured the fixings. It was also a great occasion to hang out with so many friends in the workplace.

I'll miss the challenges at work but most of all the people. I had been there roughly 3 years and 8 months during which I made some of my best friends. I intend on returning when I get back from my ride but life is unpredictable so I'm not rigidly fixated on returning to the same place. It was nice to see that my boss wanted be to stay bad enough to create a petition to keep me there. This petition was posted outside his office for the last several months gathering signatures. I'm honored, amused, and a little perplexed by the roster. In case you can't make out some of the signatures, the list includes the company president, my mom, and the Easter Bunny. There are a couple that give me the suspicion of fraud such as Steve Jobs, and unless it's another of her miracles Mother Theresa managed to come back from the dead and sign. Also, I was amused to find out that President Obama signs his name, simply and in all caps, OBAMA.
 
Thanks everyone, unfortunately the list was not completely filled and there are too many questionable signatures, such as the photocopied meeting attendance list that was taped to the petition. Better luck next time!

So now I begin my funemployment! I'm spending my days making lists of essentials, getting a sublet tenant in my apartment, and riding every day. I'll be honest, it's a little difficult to stay focused on the tasks at hand. I'm tempted to do unnecessary yet enjoyable things that I haven't been able to recently such as gardening or reading, and need to remind myself that there's actually a pretty big trip coming up that needs a few final touches.




No comments:

Post a Comment