Friday, May 11, 2012

T Minus 12 Hours

As this countdown progresses I admittedly am getting a little more nervous. Do I have everything I'll need? Do I have too much? Will I even enjoy bike touring or will I be coming back in a week, tail between my legs? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

But I think I'm fairly ready, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. Here's a few notables:
Me in my birthday suit = 181 lbs
The bike = 33 lbs
My gear + a few days of food = 67 lbs

So yes, I will be hauling and even 100 lbs across the country, give or take a few as my food rations fluctuate. I'm sure there are a few things I will be shipping back but keep in mind I'll be spending a lot of time on my own so the little extras are probably not extras but necessities. Harmonica, Kindle, and iPod are most definitely necessary.

I've said goodbye to the cutest kitties ever, handed the keys to my sister to look after my apt, and dropped my car off with Gramma. Tomorrow will be a great time although somewhat odd since I'll be biking through very familiar territory and staying my first night in a local town. The true adventure probably won't begin until later the second day as I enter strange territory. Below is a pic of the bandana (snot rag) that my amazing girlfriend embroidered for me, I'll post a pic at the end of the trip to show how stained and tattered it becomes.

To paraphrase Tootles: "Have to ride, Have to camp, Have to smang!"


1 comment:

  1. That bandana is gonna be beyond brown when you're done Trevor. It's probably also gonna be very crusty.

    Rock on Trevor!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete