Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boston

If you're still checking the blog I apologize for the delay in posts. It's been a long week and a half of hanging out and exploring and admittedly it was a nice break from blogging. That said, I'll try and keep it updated more frequently from now to the end!

Steph and I explored Boston for three more days before leaving. On Sunday we checked out Harvard and I finally got the opportunity to shave my hideous beard. I didn't take a final measurement but my chin hair at the longest was less than 2 inches after three months of growing. I splurged on a shave and haircut at a barbershop and it was pretty nice. Hot shave, warm towel, shampoo and scalp rub, even a quick shoulder massage!

We met up with her cousins who let us stay at their place, and their daughter Becky and her boyfriend Lou at who's place we would be staying the rest of the time in Boston. Dinner was great and we settled in for the night.

Since Steph had to work that Monday and Tuesday I wandered around town myself. Having not used a kitchen in awhile I thoroughly enjoyed cooking Steph a swordfish, tomato salad, asparagus, and grilled peach dinner, followed by fruit salad and a breakfast sandwich the next morning. I made it clear that I'd be fine cooking good meals everyday for her if she brought home the bacon, we'll see if that works.

The next day I made a quick trip to Sam Adams and toured the brewery which resulted in several tasters and a fun walk back to the metro station. Later Steph and I met up with Thomas, the German I rode with in SD, and had dinner, a couple drinks, and a slice of Boston Cream Pie for good measure. It was fun to catch up with him about the rest of our respective trips and we wished each other well in future endeavors. Boston has been a really fun city to explore. It's not too big and not overwhelming but still has a lot going on and it's a beautiful city to walk around in.

The next morning Steph and I woke up damn early and caught the Greyhound down to New York where I'm excited to spend the next several days seeing friends and exploring one of the world's greatest cities.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god with that hair... it almost looks like you have a rat tail. :)

    ReplyDelete