Saturday, August 11, 2012

Surprise Surprise! Now to Correct Some Lies

Ok I have to correct a couple of white lies and omissions from the past few days. The original plan was for Steph to fly in to Boston early on 8/11, go to her cousin's in Newton to rest and get ready, then meet me as I rode onto the beach in Boston having come from a final day's ride through eastern Mass. But I was ahead of even an easy schedule since getting back into the States and wanted to see her as soon as possible since it's now been five weeks since she left South Dakota.


I contacted the cousin's and they gave me the okay to stay at their place by myself Friday night (they were going to be out of town) so I could be there when Steph arrived in the morning to surprise her. This all sounds well and good but I talk to her quite frequently as well as to some of you, and there's even a GPS tracker on my blog. The "technical issue" was me disabling the tracking a few days in advance so it wouldn't be obvious how far along I was. Then with Steph I had to pretend the hills in Mass were going to be far more difficult than they actually were to justify the slow progress I was seemingly making.

I have to apologize to the reader that my posts have been delayed and lacking some locational clarity. I'm sorry to mislead you but it was worth it!


The update:

Day 89 was short at only 56 miles and the amazing state park I was at was called Mohawk Trail State Park near Charlemount. Now I'll upload the last two days and get on the bike for the last 10 miles!

This is of Steph after seeing me come out the door. I wish I hadn't fumbled with the camera and could have gotten that first shot because I've never seen eyes so big with surprise.








No comments:

Post a Comment